As SpeedyCPPSHQ cares about your security. We decided to give out some security tips to help keep your private info safe and of course it would help keep the community safe too!
- Always install an anti-virus program incase you download a virus.
- Never download unknown programs from unknown person or websites. Either it’s your friend or not but security is must!
- Don’t give out your personal info or your IP these things can lead to dox.
- Always keep different passwords when you register at different websites as it can lead to database leak too!
- If you get doxed try to take-down the dox by either reporting it or try asking someone for help.
- Use https://virustotal.com/ before downloading things you don’t know.
For CPPS Owners:
- Don’t host a mysql client in your server especially when it goes commercial.
- Use a mysql database management software with ssh instead.
- Use captcha or honey pot method wherever necessary.
- Don’t give multiple people access to the server(ssh, mysql, sftp, ftp).
- Always parse your data properly and check if the variables passed on are proper as well.
- Hash your passwords and then use it online and in case you forget passwords easily you can store them in a usb and whenever you forget a password, just plugin your usb and voila.
- Don’t use old outdated and non-supported source codes such as Penguinelite, Nova etc.
Credits to Lynx for the tips only for CPPS owners.
Do you have any tips you would like to give out? Comment now! I will add it to my post.